There has been an increase in reported phone scams phishing for Member information, where the caller claims to be from Border (or Police) Bank or a reputable organisation offering assistance with account(s) or computer issues.
If the caller claims to be from Border (or Police) Bank, remember these tips:
- Keep all passwords and access codes (e.g. card PIN, Internet / Mobile Banking password, App Passcode) secret and secure. We’ll never ask you for this information over the phone or on email.
- If you’re unsure, ask for a their name and department, and call back via 132 267.
- Never give unconfirmed staff or a stranger remote access to your computer.
- Do not give out your personal, account or online details unless the phone number comes from a trusted source.
- If you think you’ve fallen for a scam, contact us immediately on 132 267.